We know that our health matters, and so we need to take extra steps to stay healthy and avoid exposure to harmful ingredients. But it can be hard to keep up with all the different ingredients and products that can be potentially dangerous. That's where health apps come in handy.
Health apps are designed to screen everyday items for harmful ingredients. They can help you identify potentially dangerous substances that may be lurking in the foods you eat, the products you use, and the air you breathe.
Here are 7 health apps that can help you screen everyday items for harmful ingredients:
1. Environmental Working Group’s Healthy Living App: This app provides ratings for over 120,000 food, personal care, and household products. It also provides information about potentially toxic chemicals and contaminants, and lets you search for specific ingredients or products.
2. The Chemical Maze Shopping Companion app makes it simpler and easier to recognize food additives and cosmetic ingredients that have the potential to cause discomfort and ill-health. This app specializes in decoding those hard-to-pronounce chemicals on your food and beauty product labels, explaining which are safe and which ones you should avoid.
The Chemical Maze health app is easy to use. Easily browse through food additives or cosmetic ingredients, or search for ingredients by name or INS number (621 or E621 – MSG). Users then get user-friendly rating codes – a smiley, neutral, or sad face – for those ingredients. You can sort results by name, number, or risk level. Users can also discover ingredients they want to avoid based on dietary restrictions or identify things that may cause various symptoms or ailments.
3.Ingredients Scanner is another free app that lets users scan products and check ingredients to verify for any potentially harmful or hazardous substances. You no longer need to have a degree in chemistry in order to read the labels.
Point the camera at the ingredients text, wait for a few seconds, then you will get an ingredients list with different colors indicating each item’s safety. Red means that the ingredient is potentially dangerous, orange means there is some information for possible irritations or problems, and green means it is safe to use. The app also allows you to add or edit custom ingredients.
4. Air Smart App: This app helps you identify sources of air pollution in your area, and provides tips on reducing your exposure to these pollutants. You can also track your air quality over time, and get alerts when the pollution levels in your area are high. Australia only.
5. Think Dirty: This app provides ratings for over 2 million personal care, household, and food products. It also provides information on potentially hazardous ingredients in the products.
6. The CosmEthics app analyzes a product when you scan the bar code and gives you quick, easy-to-use information. If a healthier alternative exists, CosmEthics will tell you. Like the other health apps in this list, CosmEthics has an extensive database of products. With over 140,000 products, the app has a 77% product scanning hit rate.
You can also personalize the app for your shopping and product preferences. Do you have allergies? Want to find products suitable for vegans? Add ingredients you would like to avoid to your profile alerts, and the app will screen for those, making this one of the best health apps for your personalized beauty and personal care product needs.
7. Beat the Micro Bead: This app helps you check hair and skin products for microplastics. Simple scan the ingredients list and the app will tell you if the product contains thesis microscopic dangers.
These health apps can help you screen everyday items for harmful ingredients and reduce your exposure to potentially hazardous substances. They can also help you make smarter, healthier choices when it comes to the foods you eat, the products you use, and the air you breathe.
#chemicalfree #organic #natural #skincare #nontoxic #essentialoils #vegan #ecofriendly #crueltyfree #healthylifestyle #allnatural #plantbased #naturalskincare #beauty #selfcare #wellness #healthyliving #organicskincare #youngliving #handmade #health #chemicalfreehome #naturalproducts #healthyskin #nature #menstrualcycle #femininehygiene #haircare #homemade #femininecare