Infrared saunas are becoming increasingly popular for
their many health benefits. With the ability to provide a deeper sweat and detoxification, infrared saunas are a great way to improve your overall health.
The infrared waves themselves are invisible, falling within the electromagnetic radiation spectrum. Also referred to as “far-infrared” waves (FIR), they have the ability to positively alter the body’s tissues by penetrating below the surface of the skin, generating mitochondrial activity and effectively circulating heat.
Here are some of the many benefits of using an infrared sauna:
1. Improved circulation and cardiovascular health: Infrared saunas can help improve blood circulation and reduce blood pressure. The infrared heat helps to open up the blood vessels and allow more oxygen to flow through the body, which can help to improve overall cardiovascular health.
2. Detoxification and cleansing: Infrared saunas can help to rid the body of toxins and impurities. The deep sweat that is produced in an infrared sauna helps to flush out toxins and can leave your skin and body feeling cleaner and healthier.
3. Relief from muscle and joint pain: Infrared saunas can help to alleviate pain in the muscles and joints. The heat helps to loosen tight muscles and can provide relief from aches and pains.
4. Improved skin health: The deep sweat that is produced in an infrared sauna helps to flush out impurities from the skin and can leave it looking and feeling healthier.
5. Stress relief: The heat of an infrared sauna can provide a feeling of relaxation and calm that can help to reduce stress levels. The increased temperature in the sauna helps to relax the body and reduce tension in the muscles.
The warm environment can also help to promote a sense of peace and tranquility that can help to reduce stress levels.
The combination of heat and relaxation can also help to reduce stress hormones such as cortisol, which is linked to anxiety and depression. The heat of the sauna can also help to promote the release of endorphins, which are the body's natural feel-good hormones.
6. Better sleep: the sauna aids in releasing heat via infrared radiation in your body. The results of these sauna effects are a release of muscle tension throughout your entire muscular system. This triggers the brain and tells it that your body is ready to go to sleep
7. Pain Relief: Another excellent aspect of infrared sauna therapy is its ability to reduce chronic pain – without the negative side effects of some pain medications. For instance, research out of the Netherlands found that patients with rheumatoid arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis who underwent infrared sauna therapy for four weeks experienced reduced pain, stiffness, and fatigue following the treatment. Researchers speculate these benefits resulted from reduced inflammation levels, which lessen the friction between the patient’s joints that result in chronic pain.
The infrared sauna can help to provide a sanctuary from the stress of everyday life. Taking time out to relax in an infrared sauna can help to restore balance and bring a sense of calm and peace to your life.
#infraredsauna #sauna #wellness #detox #fitness #hotyoga #health #selfcare #weightloss #cryotherapy #infrared #hotworx #spa #facial #massage #healthylifestyle #recovery #sweat #relax #yoga #beauty #painrelief #healthandwellness #hotpilates #saunatime #meditation #hotcycle #saunalife #hotbarre #cryo