Updated: Mar 9
Whether you are a meat eater, flexitarian, vegetarian or vegan, this is an easy recipe to tweak to your specifications. If you love Mexican flavours, have a go!
● 1 1/2 tsps Coconut Oil
● ½ Yellow Onion (medium, chopped)
● 8 3/4 ozs Extra Lean Ground Beef/Quorn mince for vegetarian/vegan
● 1/2 oz Taco Seasoning (packed)
● 2 Beefsteak Tomatoes (large, ripe )
● 1/4 cup Cheese (shredded)/vegan substitute
● 2 tbsps Sour Cream/vegan substitute
● ¼ Green Bell Pepper (diced)
● 1/2 tsp Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
Add the coconut oil to a large skillet and heat over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and saute while stirring for about 5 minutes. Add the ground beef and taco seasoning, breaking up the meat with a spatula or wooden spoon. Cook 5 minutes or until no longer pink, then drain the fat.
Flip over tomatoes, so they’re stem-side down and slice off the top to make an opening. Dice the tops and add them to a large bowl.
Add the shredded cheese, sour cream, taco meat, and diced bell peppers to the bowl with the diced tomato tops. Season with salt and pepper and stir until well combined.
Divide the taco stuffing among tomatoes, plate, and enjoy!
Sugar 4g Protein 29g